Financial Elder Abuse Attorney in Oxnard
Committed to Protecting Elderly Loved Ones
Our elderly loved ones are among some of the most vulnerable individuals in our society. If you believe someone is financially exploiting your elderly family member, the legal team at Kaiden Elder Law Group, PC in Oxnard can help you. We will work closely with you to ensure the responsible party is held accountable and your loved one is protected.
Who is Committing Financial Elder Abuse?
The truth is that, in many cases, an abuser is someone who is close to the elderly individual. The person may be as close as a member of your family, which can make the situation all the more overwhelming and challenging. Abusers will often do everything they can to limit the contact their elderly target has with others, making it even more difficult for them to seek help.
Financial elder abusers tend to fall under one of the following categories:
- Caregivers: Home care service workers and nurses spend a substantial amount of time with the person they care for, which gives them all the access they need to take advantage of an elderly individual. They may steal items of value or try to convince the elderly person to take certain actions.
- Family members: Unfortunately, as difficult as it may be to accept, it is not uncommon for a spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, or other family member to financially abuse an elderly loved one.
- Neighbors: When elderly individuals live alone, a neighbor may see this as an opportunity to financially exploit them, especially if they have some access to the home.
- Scammers: Anyone can make friends at any age, but career scammers tend to work hard to integrate themselves into the life of an elderly person, isolating them from friends and family to achieve their financial goals.
Examples of Financial Abuse
If someone is deliberately trying to manipulate, defraud, or take advantage of your senior loved one’s financial assets, it is important to know what to look for.
Here are some examples of financial elder abuse:
- Theft: The abuser is borrowing items without any intention of returning them.
- Continuous demands: An elderly person’s generosity may be taken advantage of as individuals within their circle often make demands for money and other valuables.
- Coercion: An abuser may try to coerce a senior by withholding essential care, threats of violence, and other tactics to get them to include them in their estate plan or as a beneficiary for certain assets.
- Mismanagement of affairs: If the elderly person has a durable power of attorney managing their financial affair, this person may not necessarily be trustworthy and may be exploiting their position.
Speak to Our Experienced Financial Elder Abuse Attorney Today!
If your elderly loved one is being financially exploited, contact the legal team at Kaiden Elder Law Group, PC in Oxnard. Our experienced attorney will do what it takes to secure justice.
Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
Attorney Kaiden has garnered over two decades of experience working with firms large and small, along with gaining extensive skill from time spent in the courtroom.
Remote Services Available
We provide traditional in-person services as well as conferences via phone, Zoom, and Skype, maximizing convenience and efficiency to fit your lifestyle.
English & Russian Speaking Services
We offer bilingual services in English and Russian to facilitate communication.
Board Certified Attorney
Attorney Randall Kaiden is one of the few California attorneys who has been Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He has also been recognized and rated by other California attorneys as a Martindale-Hubble AV Rated Preeminent Attorney and holds a perfect 10 out of 10 rating on AVVO Legal for estate planning and elder law.